Vine Maple Place

Vine Maple Place is a Christian Organization that focuses on bringing housing stability to single parents. They provide tailored housing solutions and support services for single-parent families through:

-Housing Case Management and Counseling Services.
-Financial Literacy Training 
-Employment and Livable Wage Development 

-Child and Youth Services

Their program helps prevent homelessness and provides stability and the tools to help you be self-sufficient. 


Contact: 425-432-2119 or visit www.vinemapleplace.org

Home mens shelter

The HOME Program houses 25 men, over the age of 18, and rotates to different churches each month. Men who stay at the shelter are provided with case management services which focus on addressing employment goals, mental health and CD issues, Veterans’ services, securing permanent affordable housing and health care for each individual. They are provided a warm meal, as well as the opportunity to stabilize and work on self-sufficiency through case management. 


Intake Location: 
CCS-Kent Family Center
1229 W Smith St

Kent, WA 98032
Intake hours are Monday and Wednesday 1pm to 3pm

Tuesday and Thursday 3pm to 5pm


Contact: 253-854-0077


A dedicated CCS case manager works with each individual enrolled in the ARISE program. Shelter residents meet with the case manager to complete a needs assessment and based on those needs, connect them to community resources such as housing, education, employment, medical and mental health services, veteran’s services, chemical dependency and life skills services, such as basic budgeting and coping.


Intake Location:

​​St Anthony’s Parish Ministry Center
314 S 4th St

 Renton, WA 98057
Intake hours are Tuesday and Thursday 1pm to 3pm

CCS-Kent Family Center
1229 W Smith St

 Kent, WA 98032
Intake hours are Monday and Wednesday 1pm to 3pm
Tuesday and Thursday 3pm to 5pm

Contact: 253-854-0077

kent hope

Kent Hope is a women and children's day center. They offer a variety of services including:



-Free Clothing

-Internet Access


-Life Skills classes

-Playroom and nurse consultant


-Advocacy for resources

-3 Meals a day (7:30am, 12pm and 5pm)



9009 Canyon Drive

Kent, WA 90830

Open 7 days a week


Contact:​ 253-450-2325 or visit KentHope.org

kent hope overnight shelter

KentHOPE partners with local churches to provide overnight shelter options for single women. Transportation is provided from the day center to the church, and back again. For single women only, each church can host up to 20 guests. 


Rotating Churches, but Intakes are done at the KentHope Day Center
9009 Canyon Drive
Kent, WA 90830

Hours of Operation: 8:30pm to 6:30am

Contact: 253-480-2325

katherine's and rita's house

Through Catholic Community Services, Katherine's House and Rita's house provide transitional housing for homeless, adult women in recovery from substance abuse. The programs offer assistance to help women return to independent living in the community. Their main goal is to help find permanent, affordable housing for these women, as well as, help them main sobriety. 


Katherine's House - Kent

Contact: 253-856-7716


Rita's House - Auburn

Contact: ​253-833-1044


To fill out an application, go to http://www.ccsww.org/

watson manor

The Watson Manor Transitional Living Program provides up to 18 months of transitional housing and support services to single, homeless, extremely low-income teenage and young adult mothers and their children. Services include case management, parent education, life skills training, counseling, substance abuse services, and referral to childcare and educational/vocational programs. The overall program goal is to increase self-sufficiency among homeless young mothers and equip them with the skills necessary to obtain and retain permanent housing.



Kent Youth and Family Services

232 2nd Ave S #201

Kent, WA 98032
Contact: ​253-859-0300

ywca homeless intervention

The YWCA Homeless Intervention Program helps homeless people in the community obtain full-time permanent employment, along with stable, affordable housing. They offer:

-Assistance meeting basic needs



-GED and ESL preparation

-Access to job search workshops

-Job training



YWCA at Bundle Homes

1044 118th St NE

Auburn, WA 98002

Contact:​ 253-736-0010

choice housing and care

CHOICE is a free advising agency that connects elderly with housing options in the community. They'll get to know you and your situation; medical and social, location preferences, and budget. They provide you with different housing options, can meet with you at home or over the phone, and will accompany you on tours of different locations. 


Contact: 800-361-0138

Daily, 8:30am to 8:30pm

Low income housing resources

www.housingadvocate.org - Provides assistance for people with disabilities or mental illness, to help find housing


https://www.kcha.org/home/homeaspx - King County Housing Authorities provides homes for people with low or moderate income. The can help you find a hoe, provide section 8 vouchers, or help set up a payment plan. 

Low income apartments

Southwood Square

26224 106th Pl SE

Kent, WA 98031

​Contact: 253-854-1274

Maple Lane Estates

​1622 Maple Lane
Kent, WA 98030

Contact: 253-218-0334

Mansard Estates
1502 21st St SE
Auburn, WA 98002
Contact: ​253-218-0334

White River Apartments
1301 31st Street SE
Auburn, WA 98002
Contact: 253-218-0334

Homestead Apartments

20621 108th Ave SE

Kent, WA 98031

low cost motels

Federal Way Motel

29815 Pacific Highway S

Federal Way, WA 98003

$45 nightly / $239 weekly


Kent Valley Motel

743 N Central Ave N

Kent, WA 98032

$65 nightly / $270 weekly

Contact: 253-852-1997

Days Inn 

22420 84th Ave S

Kent, WA 98032

$60 nightly

Contact: ​253-395-5444

Value Inn 

22246 Pacific Highway S

Des Moines, WA 98188

$56 nightly

​Contact: 206-878-8427

minor home repair program

​For Covington residents only, the city of Covington will provide home repairs for no cost. An application is required, and repairs must first be approved by city staff. You qualify if:

-Mortgage payments are current

-You have lived there for longer than a year

-Live within city limits

-Income eligible

-The repairs pertain to health and safety services


To apply, call: 253-480-2411

king county housing repairs

King County provides funding for repairs such as replacing your roof, installing a new septic system, repairs addressing emergency conditions, health and safety repairs or major building preservation issues within your home. For renters with a disability,They provide funding to make your home more accessible. 


Contact: 206-263-9095 to learn more about the process, how to access services, and eligibility criteria

rent and energy assistance

Multi-Service Center’s Energy Assistance Program helps with bills for: Electricity, Gas, Propane, Wood and Oil. 


To determine if you are eligible, contact 253-517-2263 or visit http://mschelps.org/gethelp/energy/ 


MSC’s Rent Assistance program helps residents of Federal Way, Kent, Renton, or SeaTac prevent eviction with financial assistance toward their rent. MSC offers limited resources for temporary crisis to help with the following:
-Motel Vouchers (Kent only, severe weather only)
-Utility bills (water, gas, electricity, sewer)
-Bus Tokens
-Other Needs as Appropriate


Contact: 253-893-0024 on Tuesdays between 9am and Noon